Make A Difference
Toolbox: Ten Things You Can Do To Make A Difference
The world has the resources needed to make it a better place. Now let's put our minds to it. Below is a list of ten ways you can help PAHW support global health and human rights.
1) Tell five friends about us! Email five friends to let them know that you support Picture A Healthier World. Attach the PAHW postcard, downloadable by clicking on the image below, with more information. If you'd rather hand out pocket-sized (3" x 4") versions of the postcard, please email us your address and the number of postcards you are requesting, and we will be sure to send them to you ASAP. 2) Recruit contributing photographers. Do your friends have compelling photos on their Facebook pages, in their Flickr streams, or elsewhere? Or know of any professional photographers who might consider donating a digital file or print that PAHW can sell or auction off? Let them know about the website, or email us so we can connect.
3) Tell your networks about Picture A Healthier World!
Donate your Twitter status: Tell the world to support global health and human rights through photography!
Like us on Facebook
Join our community on Flickr 4) Learn more about the organizations we have supported, and see how you can get directly involved with them. To learn about other organizations that are changing the world through photography, click here. 5) Submit a photo. 100% of net profits from sales of your image will be donated to FXB, a non-profit organization that fights poverty and AIDS around the world. When possible, a portion of the profits will support FXB's work in the country where the camera clicked. Click here for more information on FXB. 6) Give the gift of a PAHW photo to a friend (or to yourself!). We offer a variety of products, including iPhone cases, greeting cards, and coasters. One hundred percent of net profits will be donated to support FXB's projects to promote global health and human rights.
7) Stay active on the Picture A Healthier World website:
- Connect with other artists and enthusiasts by commenting on images and on the latest updates posted on the What's New page.
8) Photo Contributors, spread the word! Now that you have donated a photograph to the website, please help attract consumers for your photograph(s). We encourage you to direct others to your PAHW gallery, and post the PAHW Contributing Photographer tile on your website or social networking pages. 9) Highlight PAHW in the media. If you work in the media and are interested in learning more about us, we'd love to talk to you. Please email us and we will respond within 24 hours.
10) Support Picture A Healthier World with a secure PayPal donation. Your donations help us stay up and running, and grow the community. Please note that because we are modeled as a social venture, we are not a registered 501c3 organization and your donation is not tax-deductible.