Help Us Spread Love in the New Year
Posted: January 4, 2012
2011 was a fruitful year for the Picture A Healthier World (PAHW) community of artists and shoppers. Since our launch in March, we have supported:
- Pathfinder International with a $113.62 donation; this is enough to provide infection training manuals to 18 doctors to promote healthier pregnancies and births, and thus healthier mothers and babies.
- FXB with a $55.07 donation; this is enough to feed an entire family for 12 weeks.
Also, thanks to the compassionate winner of our April raffle for a $50 gift card, PAHW has indirectly supported the Global Fund for Children
. The prize winner had his choice of a $50 gift card from a selection of vendors, and he made the generous selection of a CharityChoice card, which he used to support the Global Fund for Children.
Looking ahead into 2012, PAHW has some exciting announcements:
- Images taken in the USA will support Chemo Comfort for the 2012 calendar year. Sales of images taken in the USA now support Chemo Comfort - a 501c3 organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy in the USA. One purchase from PAHW (yielding a $5 donation to Chemo Comfort) will allow Chemo Comfort to provide one pair of warm and comfy socks to a cancer patient undergoing chemotherapy in the USA.
- Images taken outside of the USA will support Doctors Without Borders for the 2012 calendar year. Sales of images taken outside of the USA will support Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) - an international medical humanitarian organization working in nearly 70 countries to assist people whose survival is threatened by violence, neglect, or catastrophe. Sales of photographs taken in the countries in which MSF operates will support MSF's humanitarian work in the particular countries in which they were taken.* So if you contribute or purchase a photo taken in Niger, 100% of net profits from the sale will support MSF's projects in Niger.
- Share Your Heart For Haiti. Spread love by joining the Share Your Heart For Haiti Campaign! We invite you to contribute photographs of hearts from now until February 29, 2012. On March 22 - World Water Day - we will introduce a collage of the heart photos to be sold as prints and greeting cards. 100% of net proceeds from these items will support UNICEF's Haiti 365 project, which works to improve access to safe drinking water in Haiti. The artist whose photo receives the most "likes" in our Share Your Heart For Haiti Facebook album by midnight on March 1, 2012 will win a $50 Amazon gift certificate and a 16 x 20 PAHW print of his or her choice. Click here to learn more.
We look forward to continuing our partnership with you in the new year to help Chemo Comfort, Doctors Without Borders, and UNICEF protect the health and human rights of our sisters and brothers around the world!
*A request will be made that the funding be earmarked for Doctors Without Borders' work in the country where the photograph was taken. While Doctors Without Borders does earmark donations for country projects, it may transfer funds to support work in another country if emergency funding is needed elsewhere.